As a HVAC professional, you may be using Google pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to market your heating and cooling business. If you are, you’ve probably come across one of Google’s latest updates and services for the home service industry; Google Local Service Ads (LSAs).
So, what are Google Local Service Ads?
Google’s LSAs, simply put, are paid ads that appear before PPC ads.
Only HVAC businesses that have been vetted and certified by Google under strict guidelines (employee background check, proof of insurance, etc) will be considered “Google Guaranteed.”
Once your HVAC business is certified by Google, you will then be given the opportunity to take advantage of the Google Local Service Ads placement on Google search results.
Take a look at these HVAC Google Local Service Ads examples
The section at the top is the Google Local Service Ads.
Google LSAs will live at the top of the search results page, and paid ads (PPC) will be directly below them. Underneath the PPC ads will remain the Google 3-pack or map pack and finally, the organic search results.
So, what does this mean for your HVAC business?
It means that the power of organic placement (SEO) is getting weaker and the results at the top of page will get the most looks, clicks, and the most business.
In 2019, if you aren’t at the top of the page, your HVAC business is losing money; plain and simple.
How to Get Your HVAC Business Google Certified for LSAs
The application process for becoming Google Guaranteed is pretty straightforward, and goes like this;
Step 1 – Apply for Google’s Local Service Ads
Apply yourself here: [Here]
Once you apply, you will be asked for a few things to verify your business
Step 2 – Get Approved
- Verify the physical location of your HVAC business
- Allow Google to examine your current online reviews from current/past customers
- Provide Google with a list of services you offer
- Conduct a formal background check on each of your employees and provide to Google
- Provide verified copies of your business license along with proof of insurance
The Perks of Getting Your HVAC Business Google Guaranteed
- Top placement in search results – Premium visibility to put you above the competition.
- Google Guaranteed Certification Badge – Builds trust for prospects looking for the services you offer.
- Verified reviews – Show reviews written from customers who used your HVAC services through Google Guaranteed.
- Click to call – Customers can reach you directly from one click on the ad.
- Single cost-per-call fee – Only pay for calls that lead to real business.
Google will guarantee your work to customers up to $2,000 dollars.
If your customer has an issue with the work your HVAC company performed, they can reach out to Google for reimbursement for up to $2,000…giving new customers the confidence they need to try your HVAC services for the first time.
Can Google Local Service Ads be Used to Grow Your HVAC Business?
Yes. Absolutely. No Doubt. Google LSAs are a huge opportunity to grow and expand your heating and cooling company within your local service area. If you start using them before your competition does, you’re going to have a huge head start. You’ll have more visibility, more phone calls from new customers, and more dollars in your pocket.